Monday, March 2, 2015

Burgers, Birthdays and Brethern

Hello All!

What a week!!!!

Last Monday, for lunch, we went to a place called Carnivoros. They make lots of burgers and meat stuff. Well for the month of February, they have a special, called the  "Cardiaca". It is three layers of amazing burger, sausage and bacon, with four pieces of bread. So my companion was trying to be a man and bought one and got our district leader and his companion, my good friend Elder Clark, to buy one each as well. Well, Elder Prows died after eating half or it. Not literally, but he was so tired and had the meat sweats. Elder Fackrell got 3/4ths of the way through. But Elder Clark, finished the whole thing. What a man!!

For some reason this week our numbers were down this week, it might have been cause we were gone for two days. Or just because it was a bad week but oh well.

We had two baptisms this week!!! Yay. Their names are Mirenia and Romeito, his name is Romeo but so is his father’s so that is like Jr. So they are our favorite investigators and finally decided to get baptized about 2 weeks ago. It was the loveliest and spiritual baptism I have ever been to. Elder Prows performed the baptisms for both of them. After a few talks were given, by members and a word of welcome from our Bishop, I did the same thing Laura Coray did for my brother at his baptism. We bought Romeo a towel, and I told him that this was his baptism towel. And that it is white to represent his purity at that moment and that every time he uses it to remember his baptism and the covenants he has made. His mom Mirenia was crying and the spirit was so strong. Romeo the husband said that he could feel the spirit and wants to get baptized this month. 

This week I turned 4 3/4ths. Yay one quarter away from 5!!
My birthday down here in Mexico was far different from anything I have had in the USA. I received two things for my Birthday, one the Word of God, and second my first card from my family.

So a few weeks ago, we were told that Elder Dallin H Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was going to be coming down to Tuxtla and to talk to all the missionaries. So the day came. We had to get up at 12 in the morning and take a 6 hour bus ride to Tuxtla. We arrived and I got to see all my friends from the MTC. It was so nice to see Elder Giles again. But we all went into the stake center and sat down and waited for Elder Oaks to arrive.
The second he arrived and walked in to the room, the spirit was magnified in me 10 fold. He is a true man of God. We took a picture as mission with him and then formed a line to shake his hand. This is probably one of the most exciting times of my life, to meet an Apostle. It is right up there with getting my mission call. Well we sat down to hear him talk.

He had no talk prepared but just talked about what the spirit said was right. He’s pretty funny and has a super deep voice. He talked about the Gospel culture, and the family. He had a super funny quote. He said "You elders from North America specifically, ... If you don’t go home and don’t take marriage seriously then you’re not half a man. And all the English speakers were like “oooooooo,” because he has a translator. But all the Hermanas were like burn. But yeah he emphasized marriage. He also talked about what to teach people who are investigators and less actives, and that is the next ordinance or the sacrament, and why it is so important to us.
I think that getting to listen to Elder Oaks was a great birthday present.

After listening to Elder Oaks, we were supposed to go buy food, but none of us had enough money to pay for a taxi and there were no ATMs nearby, so eventually a member who works at the Plaza of Sun offered to take us there in his van. This was such a big miracle for us, since we hadn’t eaten since our last dinner. I know the Lord puts people in our way to help us.

On the way home it was an 8 hour bus drive. I was feeling kind of down and stuff for some reasons, but then my zone leader, Elder Merrill gave me a card from my dad unexpectedly, and I was so happy to receive it, because it was the first to receive on my mission.

Those are my two birthday miracles.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes I miss you all.

Love,
Elder Pugmire

Those cardiaca burgers!!

\Here is Elder Clark and Elder Fackrell in front of the front of  Mcdonalds.



No comments:

Post a Comment