Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Semana de Marzo 9-15th

Hello all,

What a weird and awesome week down here in Tapachula Mexico! This week was filled with many excitements and disappointments. Somehow it is still getting hotter, and with the humidity I feel like sometimes I’m in an oven. But that’s ok. Let’s start with the food.

This week I don’t know why but people just fed us so much food, this or my stomach is shrinking. But yeah we had this one lunch were they fed us such good food but there was soooo much and at one point I had to say I was too full to eat any more, so they made me pack like 4 pieces of brownies home. But that meal was really good. Dominos here also has this one type of pizza called the Honolulu. That is just Hawaiian but with bacon and Jalapenos. Aww soooo good!!! This week I also bought these things that are like ding dongs and hostess cupcakes but better called Pinguinos or Penguins in English I probably ate like 6 of those. Good week of food!
The yummy Pinguinos!


Story of the Week:
So we have this one member Frita who is 21 and was baptized in January. She has a 17 year old sister. So on Tuesday we taught their family and this guy we had never seen before was there and was pretty old we thought he was their grandpa or uncle or something. So we came back two days later to teach them. And so we asked who that old guy was who was there on Tuesday. Frita said "oh that’s my sister’s boyfriend" at first I was like what that can’t be right, but we asked again and she said the same thing. We asked how old he is and she said 43. That’s a difference of 26 years, redonkulus!! Yeah that was really surprising. Frita said that nobody in her family agrees with that relationship. So weird!

Last Monday night we were teaching a lesson to Romeo (who is our really close friend) and I felt the spirit so strong in this lesson. He is on the verge of being baptized and we invited him again to be baptized. Oh, his family was baptized like 3 weeks ago. So I was prompted to tell him that I know that he is ready and that if he trusts in the Lord and takes a small step of faith the Lord will bless him with more blessings than he can imagine. After I sent this, I think his confidence was boosted and he said that when he is ready, he will tell us. I hope that general conference will break the levee because he really like President Thomas S Monson.

So for the past few weeks I have had an ingrown toenail. And I was hoping that it would just grow out and fix itself but no, it needed surgery. So I got surgery on it, and had to take Thursday off. On Thursday I finished Reading the Book of Mormon from where I was. In one week I read half the book! The Book of Mormon is probably the only book in the world except maybe Harry Potter that I have read and taken so much time to think and ponder over. This was the first time I have read it without my head being somewhere else. In my journal this week I wrote my testimony of the Book of Mormon and I would like to share it with you.

                             My Testimony of The Book of Mormon
The past week as I was reading this book, I have come to gain a true knowledge that this book is divine and that the prophets and scriptures in this book are true. No other book in the world is as correct or contains as much of the gospel of Jesus Christ than this book. This story in this book also is fun to read and leaves you hanging at each chapter, but along with a good story are scriptures that have changed my life and can change yours. There are ways to be a consecrated missionary in here just like Ammon and Alma. I know that this book can change your life. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and that Jesus did appear to the people named in this book and that this book confirms that he is God’s first and beloved son and that He is our redeemer. I know that this book will change your life. If you haven’t read this book, read it; if you have read it, read it again. In my journal I also included the testimonies of the Prophets. It is a pretty cool spectacle.

On Saturday night we went to some less-actives’ houses. We were talking and gave a lesson. They made Elder Prows sing a hymn for them and it was nice because he is really good at singing. At the end they said I had to sing a hymn. And I was like nooo I can’t sing. They said that if I sang for them that they would come to church tomorrow. So I sang Ye Elders of Israel. It was terrible; the words in Spanish are different than English so I messed up a few times and my voice cracked once. Very embarrassing. And guess what, they didn’t come to church. So that’s ok. We had 4 investigators in church and had 110 people there which exceeded our goal of 90 that week. Exceeds Expectations! Let’s go.

What A good week. I Know this Chruch is true with all my heart or else I wouldn’t be out here. I love you all.


Love Elder Pugmire



No comments:

Post a Comment