Monday, March 9, 2015

La samana de Enfermedad

This week will forever be stuck in my mind and is possibly the worst week I will ever had on my mission.

Let’s start with last Monday.
Well last week Elder Prows somehow lost his wallet so we were probably not going to be able to buy groceries for that week. And I don’t have my own personal debit card, so my mother found a way to send me some money for me to use. So I wanted to jump at that opportunity and have food for this week. We had just enough money to get to Centro where I could pick up money. We paid the Taxista, but the place we went wouldn’t let me get cash out because I didn’t have my passport which is in Tuxtla with the Assistants. So we were already in debt to the Taxista and so we said we could pay him at the other place and so he drove us there but at that bank we had the same situation. So now we were in deep and didn’t know what to do. We eventually called our District leader and had the taxi drive us to them and our district leader paid our large debt for us. So we got that resolved, but no new groceries for this week.

So the next day I woke up with a really sore throat and a very very congested head. So I slept in for an hour or two. We went to lunch and then came back and I slept a long while. Wednesday was the same pretty much; my congestion got worse. And we tried to go work in the night but that just made me very tired. Thursday came, and I still felt the same. So we decided finally to go to the doctor. He told me I have Grippa which is kind of like the Mexican flu. So he prescribed me a little bit of medicine to help me out. But then Elder Prows decided to get help for his ingrown toe. So the Doctor did a little surgery and bandaged him up. So we couldn’t work for 2 more days.

Friday, I spent the day sleeping and cutting pictures out of the Liahona to glue into my journal, just to spice up my journal for future visitations. So yeah. I decided that I want to finish the Book of Mormon for the first real time. The other times I have read it, my head has been up in the clouds and stuff. So I started reading if from where I was at like Alma 30.

Saturday I felt much better with just a runny nose. We started working after lunch and had a small lesson with a certain carlos. Nothing other than that happened.

Sunday was great and we had a girl at church that received the gift of the Holy Ghost in Sacrament and I kept on reading the Book of Mormon. We gave a blessing to this old women and she was very grateful for us.

So that’s basically  the week for you.
Any questions I would love to answer them,
Please submit them to one of the following
Alexandra Pugmire
Eric Pugmire
Lynnelle Pugmire

I would like to share a little article out of the Liahona with you, It is from the First presidency message a while back. It is by President Uchtdorf. It is titled Always in the Middle, here is the link: https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/07/always-in-the-middle?lang=eng

It talks about how we are always in the middle and as a missionary we should think that we are always in the middle and we can contribute a ton no matter how new we are.
President Uchtdorf explains it a lot better.

Love you all,
Elder Pugmire
A cake that a member bought for my bithday.

Here is a mango that I cut (thanks dad for teaching me that)!


No comments:

Post a Comment