Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Just One of Those Weeks

Well this week turned out to be crazy! It was a week of ups and downs. Let me tell you about it. 

To start this week off good, I bought my self a pair of soccer shoes. My new magic shoes. They are pretty sweet orange and blue for those of you who go to TimpView (a high school in Provo) so yeah. This week I only got to play in my magic shoes once and I improved like by 10 (placebo) So yeah that was fun.
 
My magic shoes!!
Story of the Week: Nothing special. A few minutes ago a guy walked in and went on facebook. He pulled up a picture on his sister’s wall of me and my companion and a girl we baptized last transfer. So that was cool.

Food: This week is a week I’ll never forget for food. I had the worst food I have ever experienced. It’s called Caldo de Pata, translation soup of legs. It was this soup stuff that smelled like cow bum and had long strings of stretchy squishy meat plus big chunks of cow stomach. I could only handle a few bites and after that I couldn’t bring myself to eat it. So gross, Elder Prows is a man and ate the whole thing. But the rest of the day he felt like crap. So we talked to other families about it and they said that the person who made it for us made it poorly and that it is "really good" if made properly. So yeah that was an interesting day.

Last Monday we had one lesson after P day and it was our best lesson so far. Not because of the content, but because that this was the first lesson where we taught equally. It feels so good to see my Spanish getting good enough to teach a lot in the lessons.

So on Wednesday I woke up and Elder Pows was not feeling good. So I went and did my exercise by myself made Elder prows  a lime drink and made him breakfast. So throughout the whole day I served him. Making him meals and cleaning the house. It felt so nice to serve him and do things for him. A year ago I would have complained and grumbled the whole day. But I can see the change in myself. Since I had a lot of time that day, I started and finished reading Our Heritage from the missionary library. It was really cool to read about our church and its history and the trials they had to overcome in the early days. So different from the trials of today. It was fascinating to read about the Prophets also and their childhoods and their focus of teaching as Presidents of the Church.
So we had no water, in our tank or in the facets. Only drinking water. So it was kind of cloudy outside. So I said a prayer that it would rain. I went outside and stood for 2 minutes and to my surprise it started drizzling. So I went inside and said another prayer. And went outside again. And it stated to rain a little harder. So I said two more prayers and said in my last for it to rain like a monsoon. So in about ten minutes it started raining HARD. SO hard in fact, that I was able to fill up my buckets from the waterfall of my roof. The power of prayer is real!!

Now I’m going to talk about all the blessings I have helped give in the past week. Since Elder Prows was sick he asked me to give him a blessing. So I gave him a blessing and said that by tomorrow morning he would feel much better. So the next day came and Elder Prows was so eager to go out and work it was really cool to see him recover. A few weeks ago we gave a blessing to one of our investigator’s husband. He had suffered severe burns from an accident in the kitchen, after putting water on boiling oil. He had a few 3rd degree burns and many 2nd degree burns. So we gave him a blessing. A few weeks later we returned and asked how he was doing. Our investigator said that he had made a miraculous recovery and in only two weeks all the burns were gone and only a small red mark was left on his chest. It was amazing to see this. We had two others blessing with similar results. Blessing are a wonderful gift from our heavenly Father and if you are ever sick, have pain, injured, in need of comfort, or any other reason don’t be afraid to ask some with the right authority to give you a blessing.

I would like to finish by quoting M Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the twelve Apostles. From his book Our Search for Happiness. He says when you "try to bring your life into harmony with His... you will find yourself wanting to do what he would do and responding as he would respond." Also "Whenever you attempt to put your feet in Christ’s footsteps" and "really concentrate on trying to walk the way he walked - loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way, one day you'll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God"

Love you all.
Love Elder Pugmire


 
My mission president and I 

Elder Prows 

No comments:

Post a Comment